Friday, May 11, 2012

A Super Pink Bridal Shower

Last Saturday, my fantastic maid of honor threw me a most fabulous bridal shower.  It was held at my house, with about a dozen (dozen and a half?) people in attendance.  The theme was pink, so the decorations were pink, the cupcakes and lemonade were pink, and all guests were asked to wear at least one article of pink.  Almost every gift was wrapped in fabulous pink wrapping or tied with a pink bow.  It was definitely my kind of party!  But it's not about the gifts or streamers.  The event was so great because I realized that I've really surrounded myself with wonderful people throughout my life.  There are many who couldn't make it, and some who I haven't seen in a long time, but each one of these ladies is a delight.  My friend, Jen, whom I generally see only once a year (if not less), made the drive up from Berkeley.  And my sister left her four kids at home and made a long trek from the mountains to share the day with me.  (This was actually the first time all of my bridesmaids have been in the same place, at the same time.)  Melissa organized fun activities that allowed us to share memories, get to know each other, and have a great time.  The food was delicious, the weather was perfect...I couldn't have asked for a nicer shower.  Thanks, Melissa!!

Now, I'm checking things off my wedding to-do list and counting the days until I get to marry my amazing fiance (21 days, if you're interested).  Today was when we had asked people to RSVP by, so I'm updating my spreadsheet and will probably be contacting the slackers on Monday ;o)  We also got our marriage license today, which makes everything feel so much more real and official.

And just because the universe loves me, I am dealing with a random and stupid cold that has had me losing my voice since Tuesday.  Just what I need.  But hey, better now than in three weeks, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment