Friday, April 20, 2012

Not your typical bachelorette party!

Wow, I am not good at this.  After promising to stay more on top of updates in a previous post, I have failed miserably at actually putting anything on here.

Things have been moving along.  We've had some trouble figuring out the officiant for the wedding.  We have two prospects now, so hopefully, it will all come together in the next week or so.  This lack of officiant has left me pretty stressed lately, as I am now counting weeks (not months) until the wedding, and there are only six left.

Last week was my bachelorette weekend.  I (and my bridal party) chose to omit the stereotypical penis-shaped candies and watching men undress, and opted, instead, for a high tea in San Francisco.  This was ridiculously fun!  After meeting at Melissa's house (where she had lovely, thoughtful baskets waiting for us), we drove into the city together, drank yummy tea blends, and ate delicious food at Lovejoy's.  The experience and environment were simply delightful, and we decided we will do quarterly high tea at different tea rooms in our area.  Across the street from the tea room was Lovejoy's Attic, the little gift shop where I bought two teas (including the chestnut one I had at the event...who knew I'd love tea with milk?), two whimsical tea strainers, and a deck of cards (it had the Nutcracker ballet on it!).

After tea, we headed into Dublin for some shopping at Ulta.  Yay for makeup and nail polish!  When our girly shopping whims were satisfied, we went back to Melissa's for a good old-fashioned slumber party, with pizza, cocktails, manicures and a movie (Bridesmaids, of course).  The next morning, I took my fabulous ladies out to breakfast.  The only bummer was that my sister couldn't make it to the festivities, due to last minute snow and an injury.  Hopefully, she'll be able to attend the shower in a couple of weeks.

That same weekend, Sam and I met with our baker for a tasting.  O. M. G!  Our cake is going to kick your cake's butt.  It's soooo tasty!

Tonight we're keeping date night pretty low-key.  Just some tasty noodles at our favorite ramen house, as tomorrow is Sacto Mofo 4, where there will be much gluttony.  There's nothing quite like eating off a truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment